FOLLOW THE HOLLOW!

FOLLOW THE HOLLOW!
Ghost Horse Hollow ... because a Fantasy should last a lifetime!

Friday, June 11, 2010

A Presidential Letter

Our Ghost Horse Hollow summer intern Monica Bedsole from Pensacola Beach, Florida, wrote a marvelous letter to President Obama before coming to Ghost Horse Prairie Ranch in Montana. I am very please to share with our followers on Blogspot the White House's response to her plea for conservation and wise management of the Gulf Coast oil crisis. It is heartwarming to know that President Obama responded so quickly to a citizen's concern for this tragic event. Please enjoy Monica's photography of Pensacola Beach, Florida and Gulf Shores, Alabama. The pictures were taken shortly before the arrival of the oil and tar upon the snow white sands. We invite you to read The Holly King with the spirit of global preservation in mind. The adventure series celebrates life one hundred years in the future during the aftermath of climate transformations.


  
           Live sand dollar



 
Monica's Initial Letter



Dear President Obama:

         First of all, I want to let you know that I voted for YOU. I want to express my concern for what is going on in the Gulf of Mexico. It really seems that you and your administration are mainly making BP take full responsibility in the cleanup of the oil, as well as the prevention of more oil being dispersed into the waters. I am currently a third key manager at a children's store. I have noticed the dramatic drop in sales and customers because fewer people are visiting the Gulf Shores/ Foley area due to the threat of oil on our beaches. That in itself is a big concern of mine and many families I know. We depend on tourism, seafood, and recreational water usage. Although the oil has not reached us, it is already causing a negative impact on our economy. Also, I have lived in this area my whole life. I plan on raising a family here. I do not want them to miss out on days at the beach because no one would stop the oil from coming to our beaches. Please save our economy, ecosystem, and family days, all of which depend on how quickly this issue is resolved.

Sincerely,

Monica A. Bedsole



            Pensacola Beach Sunset




President Obama's Response


Dear Friend:


     Thank you for writing to me about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.  I am going to stand with the people of the Gulf Coast until they are made whole, and I appreciate your perspective as we continue to do everything we can to address this crisis.

     The Gulf is one of the richest and most beautiful ecosystems on the planet.  For centuries, its residents have enjoyed and made a living off the fish that swim in its waters and the wildlife that inhabit its shores.  The Gulf is also the heartbeat of the region's economic life, and this oil spill has upended whole communities.


     My Administration will continue to leverage every resource at our disposal to protect coastlines, to clean up the oil, to hold British Petroleum and other companies accountable for damages, to begin to restore the bounty and beauty of this region, and to aid the hardworking people of the Gulf as they rebuild their businesses and communities.  For information about response efforts, how to help, or available assistance, I encourage you to visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/deepwater-bp-oil-spill, www.doi.gov/deepwaterhorizon, or www.epa.gov/bpspill/. Small businesses may also find resources by visiting www.sba.gov or calling 1-(800)-659-2955.


   Thank you again for contacting me.  I encourage you to visit WhiteHouse.gov to learn more about my Administration or to contact me in the future.


Sincerely,

Barack Obama


To be a part of our agenda for change, join us at www.WhiteHouse.gov

 

No comments:

Post a Comment